CONTEND.AD

Friday 27 November 2015

NIGERIA MAN HONOURED FOR SAVING THE LIVES OF 30 CHILDREN HOUSTON

A Nigerian man identified as Sammy Agunbiade who works as a bus driver has been honoured by the School Board of Spring Branch ISD for saving the lives of 30 school children he had been driving to school when the bus caught fire.
The incident is said to have happened when they were around Westview and had first attributed a loud pop to the noise of the children playing till he saw smoke coming from the back of the tailpipe of the bus and also perceived the smell. Quickly he parked the bus and got the children to safety even as the smoke was building up quicker and thicker. He managed to get all the students out before the bus was engulfed in flames.
Speaking on his being honoured, he said


“They’re calling me a hero. I said hero? I just did what I was supposed to do you guys are mine I’m supposed to take care of you. I’m not only glad I was blessed. I was happy because some of those kids up, I’ve been driving them for about three years there just like my own.”
Sammy Agunbiade has been a bus driver for twenty-one years and is described as a gentle, humble man who is much more than just a man behind the wheels but also a role model and protector. He is said to have even attended weddings of some of his former students.

Congrats and well done


Culled from NigeriaMonitor

No comments:

Post a Comment