Normally I am not one to judge peoples dressing but I just had to say something about this photo when I saw she wore this trashy outfit to a one year birthday party, gosh what was she thinking? honestly about time we as women and adults dress maturely and appropriately to an occasion. This photo reminds me of a one year birthday party I attended years back with my kids somewhere in Lagos and a popular lady and socialite came to the party dressed as if she was going clubbing in a very skimpy micro mini skirt and a see through top, the celebrants dad was so disgusted and embarrassed that he had to walk her out of the party, I as a mother find this outfit offensive and annoying, is that her bra I see underneath the sheer part of her dress? hmmmm I know I have seen far worst dressing in Dublin but for a kid's party this is a big no no. Thank God it wasn't my child's party I would have walked her out shekina.
I can not stress it enough learn to wear the right outfit for the right occassion. Wear what works for you body shape, I am no expert but please ladies put this factors into consideration when thinking of an outfit to buy or wear.
Here are my style tips
1. Trust yourself and your own judgement.
2. Know what suits you.
3. It is a crime in fashion to put all your jewellery on at the same time, choose the right accessories, I see a lot of ladies do this and I’m like what were you thinking, it is just tacky, remember in fashion less is more.
4. Ask yourself if you are picking an outfit because it’s in vogue or because it depicts your personality and suits you, if it’s because it’s in vogue then it is not for you.
5. Know the fabric that works for you, if you have bulges try and avoid silk and Lycra fabrics.
6. Mould you shape with fitted underwear, buy the right bra, same with your knickers, there is nothing worse than a defined panty line under a pair of jeans, pants ,dress or skirts. If you have cellulite try a body shaper
7. We are not perfect, we don’t know it all, don’t be afraid or shy to ask questions from people that know better than you, buy fashion magazines, visit fashion websites, and remember most of the best dressed people in the world were taught the art of fashion and putting their outfit together at one time or the other.
8. Style is all about confidence, be confident when you have an outfit on.
9. Do not worship fashion trends, just do you and be yourself.
10. Buy clothes that are timeless, you will be rocking it for a long time.
11. Experiments with colours and find the one that suits you.
12. Dress age appropriate I know age is just a number but believe me there are some dresses that are not meant for everyone.
13. Work with you body structure (shape) know what suits you and flatter you body shape don’t buy a dress that is a size 12 when you know you are a size 14,all in the name of fashion and curves.
For more of my style tips click HERE
Photo credit - Superadex