CONTEND.AD

Saturday 14 July 2012

DRAG QUEEN IKENNA BENEY AMECHI MISTAKEN FOR WHITNEY HOUSTON ON CNN



                            Ikenna as Whitney

During and interview on Piers Morgan Tonight Piers was talking to LL Cool J about Whitney Houston life during the July 6th episode of his CNN show and aired  footage of the singer to accompany the interview.  It was later discovered that the woman in the footage isn't Whitney but a celebrity drag queen name Ikenna Beney Amaechi a guy.
According to TMZ when they spoke to Ikenna he says "I was sitting at home and at first I didn't realize it, but then it hit me like BOOM! it wasn't Whitney... it was me!"
Ikenna adds,"I feel very honored that I was mistaken for the real Whitney Houston on CNN...is there EVEN a bigger compliment for a tribute artist?"
ikenna says he's been "playing Whitney for 21 years and the picture used by CNN is from the 2008 Reel Award Show in Las Vegas an event dedicated to Celebrity impersonators

I was so intriqued by Ikenna I had to google him.
More Photos/Video


Ikenna is a Nigerian born in Berlin Germany, he spent the first years of school in Nigerian, there he performed in small dance performance in Nigeria and Ghana with a music group, at the beginning of his teens he returned to berlin with his her mother and brother, there he had his real first encounter with American music and musicians like Whitney Houston Ikenna said.
"In 1984 I say Whitney Houston for the first time on the catwalk, the charming and graceful transition set me back.  In time we knew her name, I was looking for her.  A year later she was presented at a gala as a new singer with a super voice  "Whitney Houston" I caught my breath as she began to sing I could not believe it, "that was the model", I thought she was an idol.



                                                    video that was shown on CNN












No comments:

Post a Comment