CONTEND.AD

Wednesday 15 May 2013

KING SUNNY ADE'S EX-GUITARIST GETS 3 YEARS SENTENCE FOR DRUG TRAFFICKING


King Sunny Ade's ex-guitarist, Fatoke Abiodun, who was arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on January 1, 2013 at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) with two parcels of cocaine weighing 1.575kg on his way to Italy has been sentenced to 3 years imprisonment. 
He was sentenced by The Federal High Court in Lagos, yesterday after appealing and pleading guilty to one count charge of unlawful exportation of 1.575kg of cocaine. 

On how he got into the mess, 62-year old Abiodun claimed he was unceremoniously retired after playing for King Sunny Ade for 30 years. He had to do something to pull though poverty and feed his large family (3 wives and 12 children). 

"I live in Ibadan with my family. I was invited to Lagos where I was given 50,000 naira and they promised that every arrangement will be ready for me to travel soon. They promised to pay me one million naira. If not for my condition, I would have turned down the offer but it was my last hope to be free from financial difficulty. 

I was given the bag and my ticket but at the airport NDLEA detected the drug. Since then, I have been in deep pain. I feel bad because I have no one to help me" 

No comments:

Post a Comment