CONTEND.AD

Sunday 17 August 2014

HOW MY EX BOYFRIEND POURED ACID ON ME - PAULINA

Paulina before and after
August 28, 2010 Paulina, an indigene of Kokori in Ethiope –East Local Government Area of Delta State, was bathed with acid by   Mr. Difference Ogba,  her lover who knocked on her door at 5 a.m. Ogba is now serving a ten- year jail term in Okere prison in Warri after he was convicted by the High Court at Otu-Jeremi. More after the cut 


"How I met my ex-lover"

I divorced my husband with whom I had three kids after irreconcilable differences and incompatibility . I relocated to Ujevwu   in Udu Local Government Area of Delta   State. There, I   began selling meat at the Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company, WRPC, area, a business which sustained and provided for my needs as the kids were with their father.

“After about six months, my church members alerted me that Ogba whom I was dating was married with wife and four kids. I trailed   him and got the truth and I told him to leave me alone, but he refused. His wife got wind of our relationship and started coming to abuse me at home.   I   told Ogba to leave me alone, but he refused. He went to disturb my pastor. The pastor asked him to leave me alone, but he would not listen. They beat me up and took my money (N30,000).   I reported to the leadership of Egini community. They reprimanded him but he would not change his mind. This started the    he, as a motorcycle rider(okada) conveyed me home. He identified himself as Mr. Difference Ogba, and   told me   he was resident in Egini, a neighbouring community to Ujevwu. He said he was not married. He picked interest in me and I told him I   was   a divorcee. He said he did not mind.

Escape to Ekrokpe

I had to leave where I was staying just to escape from him. He found out where I was and continued making trouble. He said that I must marry him. He would not leave me alone. I had    packed out to Ekrokpe Community in Ughelli-South Council area.

After about three months, he found out where I moved to and he came again. I chased him away but he continued disturbing me until my landlady got tired and   threatened to give me a quit notice. I continued to chase him away any moment he came around and my landlady later joined me in chasing him away, till he stopped.

On August 27, 2010, I didn’t go to   the market. I fasted and went for our Wednesday prayers in my church (Church of God   Mission). I   prayed to God to chase away Ogba completely from my life.

I went to sleep early that evening as I had my plans for the next day. I wanted to go to the market and sell and, on return, cook and eat my choice soup (banga). But very early in the morning, August 28 , at 5 a.m, I heard a sharp knock on my door and the voice of a woman I knew. I was shocked because she resides in Egini. I was wondering how she came to Ekrokpe that early.

Immediately I opened the door,   I was poured something (acid) on my head and face.  I shouted for help and fainted.   I woke up two days later at UBTH to discover that Ogba was the one who knocked on the door and poured me acid.” Ogba fled after the incident.

“I have gone through excruciating pains as I had to undergo three different surgeries. Flesh was cut off from my lap to patch my head and lip. My skull was operated on.   I weaved my head a night before but the acid that soaked on my head burnt it. I saw death but God did not allow me to die. I cursed the day I met Ogba.    I regret meeting him and I am still baffled that he did this to me. He neither drinks nor   smokes. I am not aware that he had or has mental problem. So, it is like a bad dream. How I wish it is a dream. I can’t see. I’m almost blind, I need help, I want to see again.  Please, I need help.”

Culled from Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment