CONTEND.AD

Tuesday 8 January 2013

"I LOVE BIG CARS, I BOUGHT MY FOUR SUVS AND THE HONDA CAR WITH MY OWN MONEY"- LAIDE BAKARE

 You are a very pretty woman, don’t men disturb you for affairs regardless of your marital status? One thing you must know is that not everybody that likes you as a person would want to date you. Some just want to be friends and that’s all . Most of them know that I am married. Even if they are crazy about me, they should know that I am married. Actually, there is nothing to talk about them. Besides, it is not everybody that has access to me , so they can only admire me from a distance. It is only family and friends that have access to knowing me better. Anyway, it is good for people to like what you do, appreciate you and learn one or two lessons from your movies.

Aside your fans, how about top society men who ‘spoil’ our actresses with money, have you been in such situation? 
Well, I see no big deal in that. As long as one is a lady, men of different calibers will always come around you. I just don’t see it as anything but the lady has to take a stand; if you are not available, then you are not. Things have changed a lot now, unlike the good old days when such things are seen as taboo and shouldn't be talked about. if a man asks you out, it is just a matter of mutual understanding, just talk it over and that’s that. More after the cut


It is being rumoured that the fleet of SUVs you cruise in was bought by one of your sugar daddies, how true is that? 
Lot of stories going around, I must say. But anyway, that’s Nigeria for you. Our African mentality. We tend to bring up issues at the slightest occurrence. As for me, I don’t know where this particular one emanated from. Maybe because I have four SUVs and other normal cars so they believe that someone out there must have bought them for me. Well, my love for big cars like Jeeps is not questionable because that is what I inherited from my father.
While growing up, my father buys big automobiles a lot and also drives us around in them. And while we are in these vehicles, I also hear them talk about the latest Jeep in town, its features and stuffs like that. So since then, I just fell in love with big cars. I also travel a lot, when I go to America and I see the car that I like , I just go for it and send to Nigeria. And I bought them all with my money.

So you are saying that there was no time anybody bought you a car?
It doesn't matter. But I just can’t get a car for a gift, it is not possible. I bought the four SUVs and the Honda car with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment