CONTEND.AD

Thursday 16 April 2015

PHOTO: 47YRS OLD SUSPECTED KIDNAPPER CAUGHT WITH 4 YOUNG GIRLS IN OGUN STATE

47-year-old suspected child kidnapper Nurudeen Badmus has been apprehended after he tried to kidnap four girls between 9-16 years, from their village in Abudu community, Iyana Ilogbo, Ado-Odo Ota in Ogun State on Monday April 13th.
According to PM News, Badmus was apprehended after an acquaintance of one of the girls asked him where he was taking them to. Unable to give a concrete answer, the person raised an alarm and he was immediately arrested and taken to the palace of the local Chief (Baale) in the community.

After much beating, he claimed the young girls had come to him for financial assistance and was only trying to help them.
 "They came to me for financial assistance to enable them go to Ajah in Lagos State. I was taking them to Ajah when somebody identified one of them. I am only assisting them,” he said


His claim was however refuted by the girls who said he told them that their parents were witches and wizards and were planning to kill them. Jumoke, one of the girls said
"I am 16 years old. Badmus lives near my house. He told me my mother was a witch and that she was planning to kill me. He said I should follow him to a town to escape being killed. He warned me not to tell my mother. I didn’t know the place he was taking me to. He also tried to rape me but I resisted him,’’ she said
The youngest of the girls who gave her name as Nimota, 9 years old, said the suspect picked her from the road.
“He picked me on the road and told me that my mother was a witch and was planning to kill me. He said I should run away with him. I don’t know where he was taking me,” she said.
The police say further investigation into the matter is ongoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment