CONTEND.AD

Saturday 28 March 2015

HOW WE HAVE MANAGED OUR RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES IN OUR MARRIAGE - MRS FASHOLA (FIRST LADY OF LAGOS STATE)

In a recent  interview with Channels TV yesterday,  Dame Abimbola Fashola  first lady of Lagos state tells us how she has managed to live peacefully with her husband despite religious differences  she's Catholic. He's a Muslim. She said;


"We got married in the Church, the Catholic church, that is who I am, that's where you will take me from and that was done. But ever since then my husband has practiced his religion and I have practiced mine. There is no trouble whatsoever. My husband has his own part of the house where he prays, I have my own altar there with my crucifix and my rosary and everything and everyone is minding their own business. When its time for family prayer, we pray. I pray mine in the name of Jesus Christ while he prays in Allah's name & the children understand all that. My children are baptized and they go to church. When he wants them to go to the mosque with him they go to the mosque with him. 

I know a family that lives like this their dad may his soul rest in peace was a devoted Moslem why their mum is and still a devote Catholic so I guess it's doable people it's all about respect love and understanding

No comments:

Post a Comment