CONTEND.AD

Tuesday 26 June 2012

PHCN ELECTROCUTES SEVEN PEOPLE IN IBADAN


                               
                    
the Apata area of ibadan was yesterday thrown into mourning as PHCN electric cable electrocated seven people amongst these is a pregnant woman and her mother, their corpses, according to souces, have be deposited at a morgue within the cite. the only survivor of the incident which happened at the Agbekoya Market, Mrs Afusatu Abiade had burns from her shoulders to her legs and is said to be in a critical condition.
Mrs Afusatu Abaide who lives at the Omi-Adio area of Ibadan told P.M NEWS that "I came to the market around 5.30am to sell vegetables, I had started selling when I head a loud sound and the electric wire sparked, caught fire and cut off from the pole, while trying to escape, the wire hit me and threw me down.  That was all I knew till I found myself at the hospital."
She thanked God she survived the incident.  The people of the area told P.M NEWS that they had made several complaints to PHCN about the congestion of the poles, stressing that the incident was not the first





No comments:

Post a Comment